Garlic Parmesan Bread Knots are perfect with your next barbeque or Italian dinner. They have a sumptuous buttery garlic bread flavor!
Garlic Parmesan Bread Knots
- 1 Cup Lukewarm Water
- 1 Tablespoon Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
- 1 Large Egg
Garlic Oil Topping:
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Pressed or Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Chives or Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Add lukewarm water to a large mixing bowl. Add yeast and sugar and mix well. Allow to stand 10 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, softened butter, and egg. Mix until all is combined and dough comes together. Dough will be elastic and slightly sticky.
- Gather dough into a ball and place dough in a large lightly oiled bowl. Turn dough over, so all sides are lightly covered with oil. Cover bowl with a clean damp towel and allow dough to rise until double, about 2 hours.
Garlic Oil Topping
- While dough is rising, melt butter in a very small sauce pan. Add vegetable oil and garlic and cook over very low heat for 1 to 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat, pour into a small bowl, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently punch down the dough and divide it into 20 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6” rope and tie into a simple knot.
- Dip each knot into the garlic oil and place the knots on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let knots rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Drizzle knots with any remaining garlic oil and sprinkle them with the parmesan cheese and the herbs.
- Bake knots for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Remove knots from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.
If you love bread, you might like these delicious yeast risen breads: