Garlic Parmesan Bread Knots have a sumptuous and buttery garlic bread flavor. They are perfect with your next barbeque or Italian dinner.
These knots really are irresistible, and even better yet, they use a basic bread dough that is easy to make and bakes up soft and tender.
Once you have learned the basics of making this dough, it can be used over and over again for various breads. Everything from sandwich loaves to sweet rolls can be made with just a few additions and adjustments. So, let's bake!
With the exception of the parmesan cheese and the chives, you probably have all of the ingredients on hand in your pantry and refrigerator.
Step 1 - After proofing the yeast, add flour, salt, butter and mix the dough just until it comes together
Step 2 - Place the soft, sticky dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a towel or cling wrap.
Step 3 - Let the dough rise for 2 hours, or until quadrupled in size.
Step 4 - Punch dough down and form the bread knots.
Step 5 - Dip each knot in garlic oil.
Step 6 - Place knots on baking sheet and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chives.
Now, just let the prepared knots rise for about an hour and then bake!
...and they come out of the oven looking like these. Look how cute they are! I bet you can't eat just one!
♥ Freeze dried herbs and chives can be substituted for fresh.
♥ Shredded Parmesan cheese can be substituted for grated.
- Garlic Parmesan Hamburger Buns
- White Sandwich Bread
- One Dough for Many Breads
- Simple Yeast Breads Recipe Chart
Garlic Parmesan Bread Knots
- 1 Cup Lukewarm Water
- 1 Tablespoon Yeast
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
- 1 Large Egg
Garlic Oil Topping:
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Pressed or Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Chives or Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Add lukewarm water to a large mixing bowl. Add yeast and sugar and mix well. Allow mixture to stand for 20 minutes to proof. Proofed mixture should be doubled in size.
- Add flour, salt, softened butter, and egg. Mix until all is combined and dough comes together. Dough will be elastic and slightly sticky.
- Gather dough into a ball and place dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl. Turn dough over, so all sides are lightly covered with oil. Cover the bowl with a clean damp towel or cling wrap and allow the dough to rise until double, about 2 hours.
Garlic Oil Topping
- While dough is rising, melt butter in a very small sauce pan. Stir in vegetable oil and garlic and cook over very low heat for 1 to 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat, pour into a small bowl, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently punch down the dough and shape it into a rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 20 strips. Shape each strip into a 6” rope and tie it into a simple knot.
- Dip each knot into the garlic oil and place the knots on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let the knots rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Drizzle knots with any remaining garlic oil and sprinkle them with the parmesan cheese and the herbs.
- Bake the knots for 15 to 18 minutes or until they are lightly golden brown.
- Remove bread knots from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cooled and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving
All nutritional information on this site is an estimate. Your results may vary.