Creamy cooked oatmeal topped with cinnamon and dried cranberries can be made in just 15 minutes.
Good Morning Oatmeal
Start your day off right with creamy home cooked oatmeal with sweetened dried cranberries and orange zest!
(Tap or Hover to Scale Servings)
- 4 Cups Milk, Whole, 2%, or Non-Fat
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats, Not Instant
- ¼ Cup Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grated Orange Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring milk, vanilla extract, and brown sugar to a boil. Stir in oats, ¼ cup of dried sweetened cranberries, and orange zest. Immediately reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook oatmeal uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes over medium low heat or until thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Before serving, stir the oatmeal well. Divide the oatmeal between 4 one cup bowls. Sprinkle each portion with ground cinnamon and top with 1 tablespoon of dried sweetened cranberries.
- Serve immediately.
• Recipe can be halved to make 2 servings.
Calories: 1660kcal | Carbohydrates: 271g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 1922mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 145g | Vitamin A: 1580IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 1266mg | Iron: 8.2mg