Petite Peanut Butter Scones are quick and easy to make. A touch of maple flavoring brings out the peanut flavor for this breakfast and anytime treat!
Petite Peanut Butter Scones
A touch of maple flavoring brings out the peanut flavor for this breakfast and anytime treat!
Course: Breakfast, Snack
(Tap or Hover to Scale Servings)
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Dark Brown Sugar, Packed
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Flavoring
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoons Wilton Sprinkles Sparkling White Sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in the peanut butter and the softened butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in center of crumb mixture and add all of the milk and the maple flavor. Stir just until mixture is moistened and the dough is formed.
- Sift approximately 2 tablespoons of flour on wax papered covered work surface. Pat and shape the dough into a 9-inch square. Cut the square into 9 – 3-inch squares. Cut each square diagonally to make 18 triangles. Wipe the knife with a paper towel between cuts and dip in flour to aid in cutting.
- Beat together egg white and water until frothy and well combined. Brush scones with egg white wash and sprinkle with sparkling sugar. Using a spatula, transfer scones to large cookie sheet placing them 1 inch apart.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling racks. Cool or serve warm with softened butter and maple syrup.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 183mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1.1mg
Do you Love this Recipe? Follow Me Today!Go to EnchartedCook