Red Wine Sauce with Berries is a dessert sauce that is bursting with flavor. So very delicious over vanilla ice cream or your favorite vanilla flavored cake.
Red Wine Sauce with Berries
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 12 oz. Fresh Blackberries, Divided
- 12 oz. Fresh Raspberries, Divided
- In a medium saucepan mix together red wine and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a low simmer and add ½ of the blackberries and ½ of the raspberries. Set aside the remaining berries for later.
- Allow to simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Midway through the simmering time, use a potato masher to crush the berries in the sauce and skim foam as needed. Sauce is ready when it is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer to a glass bowl or container and refrigerate.
- Remove from refrigerator and add remaining berries. Stir very gently to combine and allow sauce to come to room temperature before serving.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream, pound cake, angel food cake, or brie cheese.
Love Desserts? Here are some more delicious choices to try!