Red Wine Sauce with Berries is a dessert sauce that is bursting with flavor. So very delicious over vanilla ice cream or your favorite vanilla flavored cake.
Red Wine Sauce with Berries
A dessert sauce that is bursting with the flavors of red wine and berries. Delicious over vanilla ice cream or your favorite vanilla flavored cake.
(Tap or Hover to Scale Servings)
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 12 oz. Fresh Blackberries, Divided
- 12 oz. Fresh Raspberries, Divided
- In a medium saucepan mix together red wine and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a low simmer and add ½ of the blackberries and ½ of the raspberries. Set aside the remaining berries for later.
- Allow to simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Midway through the simmering time, use a potato masher to crush the berries in the sauce and skim foam as needed. Sauce is ready when it is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer to a glass bowl or container and refrigerate.
- Remove from refrigerator and add remaining berries. Stir very gently to combine and allow sauce to come to room temperature before serving.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream, pound cake, angel food cake, or brie cheese.
• Please do not use a “cooking wine”. Use a wine that you enjoy drinking for this recipe. A fruit forward red wine such as Merlot, Malbec, Bordeaux Blends, and Clarets are excellent choices. • This sauce will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week. • For best results, portion out the amount of sauce you need and add fresh berries to that portion.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Do you Love this Recipe? Follow Me Today!Go to EnchartedCook