Peeps Marshmallow Bunny Ice Cream Cone Treats are adorable and super simple to make. Decorate ice cream cones with sprinkles, fill them with orange fluff, and decorate each one with a Peeps marshmallow bunny and a few jelly beans.
These cones are filled with delicious Mandarin Orange Fluff and then topped with adorable Peeps marshmallow bunnies. They are an edible treat for a springtime get-together or an Easter favor that will brighten your festive table and put a big smile on your guests' faces.
The flat bottomed cake cones will stand by themselves on a small plate, or you can place them in a small flat bottomed dish with jelly beans for another look.
Peeps marshmallow bunnies come in several colors and you can use any color to make these treats. I love the look of the purple Peeps marshmallow bunnies, so I chose those and then selected colors that would go well with the purple bunnies, like orange, yellow, and green. You can use any colors that are complementary to the bunnies you choose.
What you will need to make them
- White Candy Melts - I used the bright white color to make the pastel colors pop.
- Small Cake-Style Ice Cream Cones - These need to be flat bottomed cones.
- Sprinkles - Choose sprinkles in colors that go well with your bunnies.
- Peeps Marshmallow Bunnies - Choose your favorite bunny color.
- Toothpicks - You will need a toothpicks to secure your bunny into the top of the filled cone.
- Small Jelly Beans - The small "Jelly Bird Egg" look the best and just a few look so cute at the base of the bunny.
- Mandarin Orange Fluff - This makes in minutes and can be made the day or evening before making the treats.
How to make them
The overall steps to make these bunny ice cream cone treats are:
- Melt the white candy melts.
- Dip the cones in the white coating.
- Roll the cones in the sprinkles.
- Let the cones dry.
- Fill the cones with Mandarin Orange Fluff.
- Garnish each cone with a Peeps marshmallow bunny and a few candies.
Let's look at each simple step in detail!
Follow the package directions to melt the white candy. Let the candy cool slightly so that it is not runny. Dip each cone and let any excess melted candy drip off. Then, let the cone sit for a few minutes before pressing the rim into the sprinkles.
Press the edge of the cone sideways into the sprinkles to get good coverage of the sprinkles.
Let the cones dry for about an hour.
Fill each cone with your favorite fluff salad. I like the colors and taste of Mandarin Orange Fluff. Fill the base of the cone with fluff using a teaspoon and top the cone with some fluff as a base for the bunnies to sit on.
You can also use an ice cream scoop for a rounded ice cream cone look. This looks nice for parties and showers that don't have an Easter theme.
Insert a toothpick into the bottom of a marshmallow bunny and center the bunny on the top of the cone of marshmallow fluff. Add a few small jelly beans to the side of the bunny.
I have stored these in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours and they have held up well.
You can also make this ice cream cone treat with Peeps marshmallow chicks. Instead of decorating with jelly beans use some shredded coconut that has been dyed green to simulate grass.
Peeps Marshmallow Bunny Ice Cream Cone Treats
- 8 Ounces White Candy Melts
- 12 Each Flat Bottom Cake Cones
- 3 Ounces Multi-Colored Sprinkles
- 12 Each Peeps Marshmallow Bunnies
- 36 Each Small Jelly Beans
- 12 Each Toothpicks
- 4 Cups Mandarin Orange Fluff
- Melt candy melts according to package instructions. Dip the top of each cone in the melted candy. Let the cones dry slightly before proceeding. The dipped cone should be tacky and not runny.
- Roll the top of the cone In the sprinkles and allow the cones to thorughly dry.
- While the cones dry, insert a toothpick in through the bottom of each marshmallow bunny.
- Fill each cone with Mandarin Orange Fluff.
- Decorate each cone with a marshmallow bunny and 3 small jelly beans.