Italian Seasoned Pork Chops in Creamed Corn has sweet creamed corn deliciously paired with savory, Italian seasoned pork chops. There are only eight ingredients and seven steps in this version of a simple old-fashioned dish updated for today.
Sometimes you just want something that reminds you of home. Whether, it’s been a hard day at work or a day when things aren’t going quite right, a favorite dish from childhood can make me feel better.
easy comfort food
This dish is my version of one my mom used to make. As a child I loved this dish of browned pork chops baked in creamed corn. Mom’s version was true homestyle, comfort food and although, I loved her version of pork chops in creamed corn, my palate has changed with time. Now, I crave a little more seasoning oomph… and Italian herbs seemed a perfect choice!
This dish is so comforting and so easy you will want to add it to your rotation of favorite weeknight dinners! It has only 8 ingredients and 7 steps, which is another reason why this is one of my all-time favorite dishes to make… as well as eat!
here’s how to make it
It starts by simply by mixing creamed corn with even more sweet corn kernels in a small bowl. Then, about two thirds of the corn mixture is spread into the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2″ baking dish.
The chops are generously sprinkled with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and browned in a medium hot fry pan with a touch of shimmering olive oil.
The seasoned and browned chops are then layered on top of the corn.
Lastly, the remaining corn is spooned over the chops. Then simply add a few sprigs of rosemary and cover the whole dish with aluminum foil for a trip to the oven and an easy bake. Before serving add a few fresh sprigs of rosemary for that final touch of beauty!
Don’t you love main dishes that also contain a vegetable? I do!… and now all you need is a favorite green vegetable or salad to round out your meal and add color appeal to your plate.
Italian Seasoned Pork Chops in Creamed Corn
- 1 14.75 oz Can Cream Style Sweet Corn
- 2 Cups Frozen Sweet Corn Kernels, Thawed
- 4 Center Cut Loin Pork Chops Cut ½” Thick
- 1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Safflower Oil
- 1 Sprig Rosemary, Separated into Small Leaf Groupings
- Preheat oven to 375°F/191°C.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the cream style corn and the thawed sweet corn kernels. Set aside for later.
- Dry pork chops completely and season both sides with seasoned salt, fresh ground pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat safflower oil in a 10” skillet over medium heat until oil is shimmering. Add seasoned pork chops two at a time to the skillet and fry them on each side until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer browned chops to a plate. And repeat with remaining two chops.
- Spoon 2/3 of the corn mixture into a 13 x 9” pan. Layer browned pork chops on top of the corn mixture. Spoon remaining corn mixture on top of the pork chops. Garnish with rosemary.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour until chops are tender and casserole is bubbling.
- Remove from oven, garnish with sprigs of rosemary, and serve.
If you love this recipe, you might also like these old fashioned favorites: