These oven baked pork chops in creamed corn have the perfect balance of sweet creamy corn and savory Italian herbs. There are only eight ingredients and seven steps in this version of a simple old-fashioned dish updated for today.
Sometimes you just want something that reminds you of home. Whether, it's been a hard day at work or a day when things aren't going quite right, a favorite dish from childhood can make me feel better.
Easy Comfort Food
These baked pork chops are my version of one my mom used to make. As a child I loved this dish! Mom's version was true homestyle, comfort food and although, I loved her version, my palate has changed with time. Now, I crave a little more seasoning oomph... and Italian herbs are a perfect choice.
This easy to make, baked main dish is so comforting and so simple you will want to add it to your rotation of favorite weeknight dinners! It has only 8 ingredients and 7 easy steps, which is another reason why this is one of my all-time favorite dishes to make... as well as to eat!
It starts by simply by mixing creamed corn with thawed sweet corn kernels in a small bowl. Spread 2/3 of the corn mixture into the bottom of a 13"x 9"x 2" baking dish.
Generously sprinkle the pork chops with seasoned salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Then, brown them in a medium-hot fry pan with a touch of shimmering hot safflower oil.
The seasoned and browned chops are then layered on top of the corn.
Lastly, spoon the remaining corn over the chops. Then simply add a few sprigs of rosemary and cover the whole dish with aluminum foil for a trip to the oven and an easy bake.
Before serving add a few fresh sprigs of rosemary for that final touch of beauty!
Don't you love main dishes that also contain a vegetable? I know I do!
Pin This Now!
Want to save this Pork Chops in Creamed Corn recipe for later? Save it to your Pinterest board!
Pork Chops in Creamed Corn
- 1 14.75 oz Can Cream Style Sweet Corn
- 2 Cups Frozen Sweet Corn Kernels, Thawed
- 4 Center Cut Loin Pork Chops Cut ½” Thick
- 1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Herb Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Safflower Oil
- 1 Sprig Rosemary, Separated into Small Leaf Groupings
- Preheat oven to 375°F/191°C.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the cream style corn and the thawed sweet corn kernels. Set aside for later.
- Dry pork chops completely and season both sides with seasoned salt, fresh ground pepper, and Italian herb seasoning.
- Heat safflower oil in a 10” skillet over medium heat until oil is shimmering. Add seasoned pork chops two at a time to the skillet and fry them on each side until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer browned chops to a plate. And repeat with remaining two chops.
- Spoon 2/3 of the corn mixture into a 13 x 9” pan. Layer browned pork chops on top of the corn mixture. Spoon remaining corn mixture on top of the pork chops. Garnish with rosemary.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour until chops are tender and casserole is bubbling.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh sprigs of rosemary, and serve.