Four Bean Summer Salad is cool, sweet, and tangy. Just the right dish for grilling, barbecuing, and smokin’ hot weather!
When temperatures soar, vinaigrette dressings are best. They are not only refreshing but safe to serve when there is no refrigeration available.
My update of my Mom’s classic three bean salad, has less sugar and a hint of the tangy flavor of Dijon mustard. This is another great make ahead dish that gets better if it is made the day before serving. Nutritious and colorful beans never tasted so good!
Four Bean Summer Salad
- 14.5 oz Cut Green Beans, (1 Can)
- 14.5 oz Cut Wax Beans or Yellow Beans, (1 Can)
- 14.5 oz Red Kidney Beans, (1 Can)
- 14.5 oz Garbanzo Beans, (1 Can)
- ½ Cup Finely Chopped Red or Yellow Onion
- ½ Cup Finely Chopped Green Bell Pepper,, Optional
- ½ Cup Apple Cider,, or White Vinegar
- ½ Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Safflower Oil,, or Canola Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Prepared Dijon Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a small saucepan mix together vinegar, sugar, and salt. Cook over low heat until sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
- Drain liquid from beans, place in a colander, and rinse well with cold water.
- Place beans in a large bowl and add finely chopped onion, and if desired, finely chopped green bell pepper.
- Add the oil, Dijon mustard, and black pepper to the vinegar and sugar solution and whisk vigorously to combine. Pour dressing over bean mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
For more details on this recipe, check out the related post: Forever Summer in a Salad.