Better than pizza? Probably not… but this savory tart of creamy goat cheese with garlicky tomatoes & basil will please everyone. Just add a green salad and a great cab for a cozy bistro night at home.
Roasted Cherry Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart
This savory tart of creamy goat cheese with garlicky tomatoes & basil will please everyone. Just add a green salad and a great cab for a cozy bistro night at home.
Course: Main Course
(Tap or Hover to Scale Servings)
- 1 Single Pie Crust of Choice or 1 Pillsbury™ Crescent Original Dough Sheet 8 oz.
- 6 oz. Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper[J1]
- 3 Tablespoons Bacon Bits,, From a Jar or Package
- 1 Tablespoon Wondra Flour
- ¼ Cup Fresh Basil,, Cut Chiffonade (about 18 large leaves)
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic,, About 3 Large Cloves
- 8 oz. Cherry Tomatoes,, Halved or 6 to 8 Roma Tomatoes Cut Lengthwise in ¼” Slices
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough and ease into a 9 ½” non-stick tart pan with removable bottom. Press firmly into bottom and up sides. If using crescent dough, trim and piece as needed. Remove any excess dough from top of pan and pierce bottom and sides of dough with a fork. Place tart pan on cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes or until very light golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile as tart shell bakes, cut tomatoes, mince garlic, and chiffonade cut the basil.
- Evenly sprinkle goat cheese, black pepper, bacon bits, Wondra Flour, and half of the basil into tart shell.
- Using a 10” sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add minced garlic and sauté 15 to 20 seconds or until fragrant. Do not allow garlic to brown. Add halved cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and turn heat to medium high. Stir fry tomatoes very quickly 1 to 2 minutes. Evenly spoon tomatoes and garlic over goat cheese mixture.
- If using sliced Roma tomatoes, sauté slices in garlic and olive oil for about 10 secs per side and using a spatula or fork arrange slices decoratively on top of the goat cheese mixture. Sprinkle tomatoes with ¼ teaspoon salt and drizzle any olive oil and garlic remaining in the pan over the tomatoes.
- Return tart pan on cookie sheet to oven and bake another 14 to 20 minutes or until pastry is deep golden brown. Cool tart 10 minutes on wire rack. Release tart from pan to plate. Plate and garnish tart with remaining chiffonade basil.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 382mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 9.7mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1.8mg
Do you Love this Recipe? Follow Me Today!Go to EnchartedCook