Elderflower and Lemon Mini Trifles are so elegant and dainty. This is an easy, no bake, and no cook dessert, which can be made the day before your party.
One of my absolute, all-time, favorite desserts to make is a trifle. Even though a trifle is easy to make, the layers look elegant and party perfect. In this version on trend elderflower and lemon is combined to make a soft and refreshing flavor combination, a perfect end to a spring or summer meal.
Although I have often made trifles, I still use a cheat sheet for the order of the layers. This helps me keep the layers in order and complete a very speedy assembly!
what is the ingredient order for these trifles?
Layer 1 ♥ Cake
Layer 2 ♥ Syrup
Layer 3 ♥ Pudding
Layer 4 ♥ Topping
Layer 5 ♥ Cake
Layer 6 ♥ Syrup
Layer 7 ♥ Pudding
Layer 8 ♥ Topping
Very Tippy Top ♥ Garnish
If you wish, the individual components of a trifle can be made up to 2 days before serving and the final assembly of the trifle can be made one day in advance.
The garnish is one thing you will want to make on the day you assemble the trifles. I used quarter slices of lemon, a small blackberry, and a sugar flower to decorate each of these trifles. These combined, small touches look amazing but are very simple to do.
Although I developed this recipe with the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in mind, the combined flavors of elderflower and lemon is so delicious, so ethereal... it is bound to be a favorite of mine for a very long time. I hope you agree!
- Elderflower & Lemon Mimosas
- Elderflower Notes - A Review of Liqueurs & Syrups
- Red Wine Dessert Sauce with Berries
Elderflower and Lemon Mini Trifles
- ⅓ Cup Elderflower Liqueur or Syrup
- ⅓ Cup Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 1 Package Lemon Instant Pudding Mix, 4-Serving Size Box
- 1 ¾ Cups Cold Milk
- ¼ Cup Elderflower Liqueur or Syrup
- 11 oz Loaf of Pound Cake, Frozen or from Bakery
- 12 Ounces Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
- 12 ea Fresh Blackberries
- 4 ea Fresh Lemon Slices, Sliced and Quartered
- 12 ea Sugar Flowers
- Make Drizzle Syrup. Mix together the elderflower and lemon juice in a small bowl or a 1 cup liquid measuring cup. Stir well and set aside.⅓ Cup Elderflower Liqueur or Syrup, ⅓ Cup Lemon Juice
- Make Pudding Layer. Make the lemon instant pudding according to package directions using the cold milk and ¼ cup elderflower syrup or liqueur. Set aside at least 5 minutes to thicken.1 Package Lemon Instant Pudding Mix, 1 ¾ Cups Cold Milk, ¼ Cup Elderflower Liqueur or Syrup
- Cut Cake. Trim the brown edges from the pound cake and slice the cake into ¼” slices. Then cut slices into ¼-inch cubes.11 oz Loaf of Pound Cake
- Layer. Place half of the cake cubes in the bottoms of 12 very small individual dessert dishes. Drizzle half the elderflower and lemon syrup over the pound cake cubes.Spoon or pipe half of the pudding over the pound cake.Spoon or pipe half of the whipped topping over the pudding layer.Repeat layers with remaining pound cake, elderflower and lemon syrup, pudding, and whipped topping.The dessert dishes I used in this recipe and in the photos each hold 5 ounces.12 Ounces Frozen Whipped Topping
- Chill, Garnish, and Serve. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.Garnish with blackberries, lemon slices, and sugar flowers just before serving.12 ea Fresh Blackberries, 4 ea Fresh Lemon Slices, 12 ea Sugar Flowers
Encharted Cook Notes
Nutrition Per Serving
All nutritional information on this site is an estimate. Your results may vary.