Cheese Biscuits with Chives are so easy to make, they can be the star of any dinner on any night.
Cheese Biscuits with Chives
Cheese Biscuits with Chives are so easy to make, they can be the star of any dinner any night.
(Tap or Hover to Scale Servings)
- 2 Cups Sifted Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/3 Cup Cold Shortening,, Measure and Refrigerate in Advance
- 3 Tablespoons Dried Chives
- 1/2 Cup Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Cold Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Butter,, Melted
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt or Flaked Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, onion and garlic salt. Cut in shortening until mixture looks like coarse corn meal. Stir in chives and cheddar cheese with a fork. Add all of the milk and stir just until the mixture comes together.
- Cover work surface with parchment paper. Gather dough and pat it into a rectangle 3/4” thick. Fold dough over itself in thirds and pat out again to ¾” thick. Cut with a 2 ½” round cutter. Reshape leftover dough to ¾” thick and cut again as needed. Cut biscuits with an up and down motion and do not twist cutter. Dip cutter in flour, if biscuits stick.
- Place biscuits on a parchment lined cookie sheet and brush the tops with melted butter. Sprinkle tops with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are a light golden brown.
• Because cheese is added to the basic biscuit recipe, the baking powder is doubled to insure a good rise. Ingredients that weigh down doughs are cheese, whole meals, stir-ins such as fruit and nuts, and chocolate. • Adding dry stir-ins, such as the dried chives, may require the addition of more milk. Add additional milk 1 tablespoon at a time as needed. • Measure the shortening and refrigerate it at least 1 hour before cutting into the flour.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 505mg | Potassium: 272mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 1.7mg
Do you Love this Recipe? Follow Me Today!Go to EnchartedCook