Sweet but not too sweet, Strawberry Gelatin with Watermelon is so refreshing with the crunch of watermelon. So easy to make for casual summer gatherings or as an anyday dessert.
Strawberry Gelatin with WatermelonSweet but not too sweet, this dessert of refreshing gelatin with the crunch of watermelon is easy to make for casual summer gatherings or as an anyday dessert.Course: DessertServings: 10(Tap or Hover to Scale Servings)
- 6 oz Strawberry Gelatin, Jell-O brand, Large-8 Serving Sized Package
- 1 1/2 Cups Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Cold Water + Ice Cubes to Make 2 ½ Cups
- 3 Cups ¼” Diced Watermelon
- Cut watermelon into ¼” dice & set-aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine strawberry gelatin with boiling water. Stir well until the gelatin mix is completely dissolved.
- Add cold water with ice and continue to stir until and gelatin is slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until gelatin is very lightly set.
- Gently fold in watermelon. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Serve plain or with a dollop of whipped topping. Reserved cubes of watermelon and strawberries make a nice garnish.
Recipe Notes♥ This recipe uses the “speed-set” method of combing ice and cold water to accelerate the setting of the gelatin. If you do not have ice available, use 2 cups of cold water instead of the cold water and ice, and place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 40 minutes to softly set the gelatin before adding the watermelon. ♥ Recipe can also be made with sugar-free strawberry gelatin for a reduced calorie dessert.
NutritionCalories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 51mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.1mg
All nutritional information on this site is an estimate. Your results may vary.Do you Love this Recipe? Follow Me Today!Go to EnchartedCook