Red Wine Sauce with Berries is a dessert sauce that is bursting with flavor. So very delicious over vanilla ice cream or your favorite vanilla flavored cake.
Red Wine Sauce with BerriesA dessert sauce that is bursting with the flavors of red wine and berries. Delicious over vanilla ice cream or your favorite vanilla flavored cake.Course: DessertServings: 8(Tap or Hover to Scale Servings)
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 12 oz. Fresh Blackberries, Divided
- 12 oz. Fresh Raspberries, Divided
- In a medium saucepan mix together red wine and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a low simmer and add ½ of the blackberries and ½ of the raspberries. Set aside the remaining berries for later.
- Allow to simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Midway through the simmering time, use a potato masher to crush the berries in the sauce and skim foam as needed. Sauce is ready when it is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer to a glass bowl or container and refrigerate.
- Remove from refrigerator and add remaining berries. Stir very gently to combine and allow sauce to come to room temperature before serving.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream, pound cake, angel food cake, or brie cheese.
Recipe Notes• Please do not use a “cooking wine”. Use a wine that you enjoy drinking for this recipe. A fruit forward red wine such as Merlot, Malbec, Bordeaux Blends, and Clarets are excellent choices. • This sauce will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week. • For best results, portion out the amount of sauce you need and add fresh berries to that portion.
NutritionCalories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.7mg
All nutritional information on this site is an estimate. Your results may vary.Do you Love this Recipe? Follow Me Today!Go to EnchartedCook